View Single Post

Old 03-03-2022, 02:24 AM
Valeinsinööri Valeinsinööri is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

Valeinsinööri is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Help! Using bookmark hyperlinks does not work correctly in word documents which are in teams/sharepo

Hello everyone,

Problem goes as follows: I have two word documents (document A and document B) stored in sharepoint (has to be accessed by multiple people all around), and I want insert a hyperlink in document A that opens the document B from a correct spot (e.g. at chapter 4). This is done by creating a bookmark in certain location of document B, and then inserting bookmark hyperlink to in to the document A, which then directs to the bookmark of document B. This works as intended if I have the documents locally on my computer.

But if the documents are on sharepoint, by clicking the bookmark hyperlink it does not open the document B, but instead automatically downloads it, and does not even open the document at the location of the bookmark? (this is with chrome). If I modify the hyperlink to direct just to the document B and not the bookmark in it, it will open correctly and not download. But I would need to have the bookmark link working to aid the navigation.

With Microsoft Edge, by clicking the bookmark link I get this error that the link is not found at all. With Edge the hyperlink works ok too if I change it to direct just to opening the document B.

I am not entirely sure if this problem is with Word or its online integration or the web browser, but im crossing my fingers and hoping that someone has encountered such a problem themselves and solved it. Thank you in advance.