View Single Post

Old 02-25-2022, 07:11 AM
Firefox1701 Firefox1701 is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

Firefox1701 is on a distinguished road
Default "You'll need administrator permission to delete this folder"

Basically, my question is: why?

Along the way, there have been a handful of folders that I've created and then later needed to delete, which have brought up this message. I'm the only person who uses this computer and have been for the best part of the last decade. I've always assumed I was the administrator, inasmuch as if I'm not, I don't know who is. I've tried 'taking ownership' of the folders in question: makes no difference whatsoever. I've tried a handful of other 'fixes' over a period of many months, also without success. I've tried logging in under the 'administrator' user name; makes no difference.

Basically, I just want some way to tell this fakakta computer that I'm it's boss! Or in other words, that no action I want to perform will 'require administrator permission' inasmuch as it will ( finally!! ) recognise that I am in fact the only administrator!

I believe my frustration may be showing ... but anyone got any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and have been throughout the period for which this has been happening.