View Single Post

Old 02-10-2022, 08:47 PM
Guessed Guessed is online now Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Maybe your version of Visio (like mine) doesn't include that template. See Create a Data Visualizer diagram which says
Quote:
The ability to use the Data Visualizer templates is only available with Visio Plan 2. If you're not sure what version of Visio you're using, select File > Account > About Visio. See Visio Plan 2 to learn more about the subscription version of Visio.
I'm sure it is possible to build a macro to give yourself the same functionality but it won't be a simple task.

I've created network diagrams and org charts from Excel using VBA in Visio and I can say that doing the same for cross-functional flow charts is do-able but not easy. It would certainly be more cost efficient to upgrade your Visio Plan than investing in the time needed to do it with VBA (unless you have many users who need the functionality).

If you know a bit about VBA, there are resources online which can get you started on a 'roll your own' vba solution. The first link might work for you right out of the box.
Create Visio Horizontal Swimlane from Excel ActiveSheet | MrExcel Message Board
Excel macro to create visio flow | MrExcel Message Board