View Single Post

Old 01-20-2022, 09:56 AM
dannyd dannyd is offline Windows 10 Office 2021
Novice

dannyd is on a distinguished road
Default Copying two similar listed reference tables in the same document

Hello all! I have a seemingly easy, but actually difficult question that I've been breaking my head on for several days now and I can't seem to find an answer to.

I have a German document with a table with numbered references, such as this:

+------+-----------------------+------+
| Ref. | Document | Year |
| [1] | Standards EU Metal | 2020 |
| [2] | Standards EU Concrete | 2018 |
| [3] | Standards US Concrete | 2016 |

In the text, I cross-reference to these Ref numbers. For example "The yield stress for the concrete is not high enough, as seen in [3]". This [3] is then a hyperlink back to the table.

Everything all good up untill now. Then I went to translate the document to English using a translation service. Everything works and the cross references still work.

I then need to paste the English document behind the German document, but then the English links will refer to the German table of references, instead of referring to the English table. My guess is that this occurs since the actual REF NUMBER is still the same (?).

How can I make sure that the [2] in the English part of the document refers to the English table and not the German one?

So far, I've tried a lot of options with creating new multi-level lists, resetting the numbering etc, and although they do reset the numbering of the English part such that it is indeed [1],[2],[3] again instead of a continuation of the German one ([4],[5],[6]), the references still refer to the German part.

Many thanks!