View Single Post

Old 01-13-2022, 12:34 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWNY2007 View Post
Hi all. I am very rusty on charts and I have created the attached. My issue with this is that I do not know how to format, so that the columns are closer together. This chart will grow each week and there will be a column (bar) for each week. How do I format to get the columns closer together. Notice the big gap between the 2 dates in the file attached
Dawny,

The easiest fix would be to edit the horizontal axis and change it from a date axis to a text axis. It's spacing it by 7-day gaps. I not only did that, but then copied out your data as if it would be the data for the next several weeks.

To edit the horizontal access, mouse over it (around where the 1/1/2022 date label is) and then right mouse click and select Format Axis.

There are some good videos on YouTube by various instructors. Maybe you can pick up some tips that way. It's been a while for me, and now with Excel 365 I have many new tricks to learn myself.

Best,

Ann
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHART_.jpg (103.5 KB, 12 views)