View Single Post

Old 01-11-2022, 04:32 PM
Mr J Mr J is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Mr J is on a distinguished road

My initial thought was bringing all the manual covers into one document then running a search to extract all the titles was the easiest solution. Technically removing everything that is “not a title” would also work but making that code seemed more complicated. I would totally use that if someone could show me how to write that. As for the properties, I thought that was a reasonable search to isolate the text that makes up the title because that would also be a constant between all the different manual title (Without grabbing other text). Honestly I probably don’t need all those properties, I was mostly using them as an example, but I would also like to learn how so I can get better and creating the codes myself.

I’m not too familiar with the Table of Content coding, is that something I can automate or would I have to add it each time I run it on a new set of manuals? If it will give me a list that I can paste into an Excel column for a comparison I am totally on board!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the only reason I was moving everything onto a new page was so I could just CTRL+A, CTRL+C, then paste in Excel. Plus seeing it on a new sheet I would be able to see it all layed out with everything on it's own row. so I can see if any other text was grabbed by mistake. I already have a similar macro that can copy anything that is highlights and add it to a new document, but as you know I am having trouble finding a way to get the text that makes up the title highlighted.

Last edited by Mr J; 01-11-2022 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention