View Single Post

Old 12-28-2021, 04:15 PM
bxdobs bxdobs is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

bxdobs is on a distinguished road
Default There is still an issue with some of my licenses

3 Office 2019 Pro licenses were able to be corrected after pressing the update button from the ACCOUNT Screen ... 7 Office 2016 Pro licenses are missing this update button (might be because these licenses are Volume?) ... the 6 online Office 2016 manual updates under KB5001969 (which was what caused this issue) do NOT include this patch ... I can't seem to find a way to force this online patch ... there are some online links stating an online repair should be available ... this doesn't appear to be available for these licenses either ... local Repair didn't solve the problem ... there is some further discussion regarding C2R vs MSI ... When I look at the "About" there is no indication that these are C2R licenses ... I don't follow why these different licenses would have different rules for accepting updates.

Does anyone know where I might get an online manual Volume update? The Volume license was purchase 5 years ago thru a company that has changed hands and its focus so I have no idea how to resolve this.

Guess my only hope is that in the early New Year MS might release an official KB to fix this issue.