View Single Post

Old 12-21-2021, 11:14 AM
brucemc777 brucemc777 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

brucemc777 is on a distinguished road
Default Outlook window corruption when typing messages

The issue began perhaps one or two months ago. It is basically a PITA issue, for the present work-around is to exit out of Outlook, then restart it.

While entering a message (and most of the time i am one who watches his fingers while trying to type) all of a sudden at some point in the message the Outlook window becomes corrupt, the area in which i type, the top bar and the menu area if opened.

I tried the tool MS offers, but because the issue is intermittent and i have not been able to determine the trigger, i could not get it to replicate in a reasonable amount of time, it happens perhaps once or twice a day (i am constantly at my computer).

Referring to the attached, i redacted (kind of sloppily) in black, but circled areas of corruption in green. In "outlook corruption 2121.jpg", the entire message area had typing in it that now is blank with some unknown image in the lower portion of it.

To mention again, all i have to do is to close outlook then reopen it, and the message i was working on sending is there in proper form!

Thank you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Outlook Corruption 2120.jpg (103.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Outlook Corruption 2121.jpg (96.8 KB, 14 views)