View Single Post

Old 12-03-2021, 02:23 PM
longwayfronhome longwayfronhome is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

longwayfronhome is on a distinguished road
Default Creating manual with screen shots - want to use Style to format image

Hi there - did a search, can't find something like it ...

I have screen shots created using Microsoft's snip tool that I paste into a user manual/guide. I format these screen shots with a drop shadow and border etc etc. I can then use Format Painter to copy the format to newly inserted images.

What I have set up is the base 5-6 styles for the guide (Guide Header, Guide Footer, Guide Field List, etc) ... I want a create a style that I can use to format the images pasted in ... Guide Screen say. Numerous people will be using a template document to create guides.

I am reasonably comfortable with Styles ... so, I have played around a bit with creating a style for the images I will have - I can get the image to be left aligned correctly but I can't get the drop shadow nor the line border to be preserved in the style - seems like Styles are only for text.

This is what I did to try and build the image style - the image is in the document and is sitting in (say) a Normal style, I select 'Format Picture' off the RH mouse menu (Shadow, Line) - get it looking how I want ... then with the image highlighted I bring up the Style popup box (all styles in this document), New Style, give it a new name - saves OK ... but when I add a new picture and use that style on it, it just left aligns correctly and nothing else ...

I did try using the Border formatting within Styles, but it was pretty gruesome, seemingly putting another frame around the image then the shadow.

So, I guess my question is ... is there a way to preset the formatting for an image, give it a name, and include in the Styles list for the document?

TIA

Ralph
Auckland, NZ