View Single Post

Old 11-22-2021, 10:37 PM
WordUser789 WordUser789 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

WordUser789 is on a distinguished road

My current project has introduced a new issue. I have a macro that grabs the starting number of the headings (Heading 1 is the format "Returnable Schedule X", then Heading 2 is X.1 etc), so for schedule 4 the list starts at 4, so when you update the styles from the template and get all the lists back, it puts the 4 back in so you don't have to manually set the starting number again.

In the past, even when the numbering and bullets disappear, it still remembers this starting number. On a few files though, it reverts back to 1 even with the macro. Other files work fine and retain the starting number.

When running the macro on another file, I got an error. Investigated, and in that one the entire list goes missing rather than just de-linking from the styles (hence the macro throws up an error because the list it's looking for doesn't exist). I have to do the old-fashioned tick and untick to refresh the styles, and then set the starting value manually.

Seems that Word/SharePoint always has one more trick to derail me.

I'll add another theory of what might cause this: autosave. With multiple people autosaving perhaps things get corrupted?

Last edited by WordUser789; 11-22-2021 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Typos