View Single Post

Old 11-13-2021, 10:12 PM
oscarlimerick oscarlimerick is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

oscarlimerick is on a distinguished road
Default Importing website data to excel-form columns

Hello good people on the microsoft excel forum, I am trying to import data from a website into an excel spreadsheet. The initial website sample is attached as a jpeg below and titled "website for excel forum". If I select this data on the website and copy it to the clipboard and paste it into word, I get a document that looks like the attached docx titled "If i copy website items to word i get this". If I paste the same data into excel, it is not as neatly formatted and I get an excel sheet that looks like the attached xl file titled "if i copy website items to excel i get this"

What I really want though is to come up with a spreadsheet based on this data that loos like the attached spreadsheet "for excel forum"

Obviously I can enter all the data manually, but this is a small portion of a rather large list and I'm looking for a way to automate this more. I was thinking I need to use CSV or something, but I don't know how to go about this. Any suggestions? Many thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg website for excel forum.jpg (47.8 KB, 10 views)
Attached Files
File Type: docx if I copy website items to word i get this.docx (11.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: xlsx if i copy website items to excel i get this.xlsx (8.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: xlsx for excel forum.xlsx (9.9 KB, 6 views)