View Single Post

Old 11-12-2021, 02:04 PM
a_scribe a_scribe is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

a_scribe is on a distinguished road

I went back to basics and generated a new Normal template in Word, customized it, imported my macros into it and reinstated keyboard shortcuts, and it worked fine for a while, but I'm now finding that I can't seem to add any new macros to the list - or the ones I'm adding do not end up in the macros menu list.

Earlier, I could view all the 'old' macros in VBA, but now, while they're still still in the macros menu, I can't see them in VBA. Earlier, I could add and record macros and all my keyboard shortcuts were working. Now they don't work at all, even though the shortcuts are still there under Options. It feels as though someone happens through the day and things stop working. Now even the macros I add (either through creating a new macro or copying the macro straight into VBA) don't appear in the menu. Presumably they should be in the Modules folder, but both NewMacros and NewMacros1 are 'unviewable'.

In VBA, under Normal, I have subfolders Microsoft Word Objects and Modules. Under Modules I have AboutNoteStripper, NewMacros and NewMacros1. Then there is a Project folder (same level as Normal), which is the current document, which has two subfolders, Microsoft Word Objects and References.

Can anyone please help? (I am using Word 365, but there was no option to select anything newer than 2019.)

Last edited by a_scribe; 11-12-2021 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Add information