View Single Post

Old 10-06-2021, 07:18 AM
p45cal p45cal is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Expert

p45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant futurep45cal has a brilliant future

In the attached, in columns AG:AJ are formulae. They can all be copied from cell AE5.
The results are in the same pattern as your manual entries but either I've made a mistake about what you want or your counting is awry (or your translation of counts to letters is).
So for information only I've added the count part of the formula to columns AL:AQ (grey highlight) so you can check it's doing things right. After that you can delete columns AL:AQ.

For this to work well, you need to have proper Excel dates in row 1: cells C1:V1 and cells AE1:AJ1. I have done this in the attached. The values you had in there were just strings. Excel might have interpreted them properly but you could never be certain of that. The values in your cells Y1:AD1 would not be recognised as dates at all.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx msofficeforums47759Sample Excel1.xlsx (17.3 KB, 8 views)