View Single Post

Old 10-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Belezeebub Belezeebub is offline Windows 10 Office 2016 for Mac
Novice

Belezeebub is on a distinguished road
Default Help with IF and Lookup Commands in Excel

The Company I work for is in the process of a huge upgrade and I am project lead I need to provide accurate and up to the minute reports for status meetings.
To that end I have exported our computer inventory to a huge excel spreadsheet
Each tech has 140 computers to upgrade
Each tech has their own tab on my excel file
Here our my questions
Columns H,I,J,K,L are
Tech, completed on date, notes, or Unable to upgrade why?
I need these fields from eight different sheets to feed a master report sheet for management
But only when they are upgraded, i.e., PC 0001 was visited by tech BOB on 10-2, Bob finds out this machine is out of warrantee and due for replacement instead of upgrade, he checks column L and puts in his notes.
MGT. opens sheet and goes to the mgmt. report tab and instantly sees that on 10-2 PC0001 was skipped and why it can’t be upgraded but until the info is filled out it should not be on the mgmt. list.
Mgmt. only wants Computers upgraded and ones that can’t be upgraded and why they don’t need the other 31 fields I am tracking and only want info on their report when it has been interacted with so they can track progress.

So the process would be TechBob goes up updated computers, at the end of his shift he updates his tab in excel with the 20 or so PC he does that day Once he has updated the Field “L” it will place the Computer name on the master upgraded tab, the date it was upgraded and the tech that did the upgrade as well as a total count of PC updated that week.