View Single Post

Old 09-30-2021, 01:30 PM
bh420y bh420y is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

bh420y is on a distinguished road
Default Spelling check changed from American to British English

Today (9/30) my company pushed out an update to Windows. Ok, so far. At lunch I rebooted to install those updates.
This morning I was working in Word and there were no spelling issues (other than my own inability to speell two good ) and the spell checker was using the default American English. When I came back and started up Word again, now it insists on using British English for spell checking--but only in the comments!?
I go to Words Options/Language and the Office Display box says Match Microsoft Windows [English]. Which I assume means it uses what ever the Windows setting is. The Office authoring languages and proofing box only has one option, English (United States). Both are set to preferred. English is the only language I have installed.
I check Window's Regional settings and it is set correctly as English (United States).
I have changed to British English and back again and have rebooted--to no avail. It still is trying to do things the British English way. Any ideas as to how to fix this?
I am running Version 2107 (Build 14428.20324) of Word and
I am running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H1 Build 19043.1237.
I can live with it but it is annoying.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.