View Single Post

Old 09-22-2021, 05:25 AM
Easy Peel Satsuma Easy Peel Satsuma is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Easy Peel Satsuma is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple instances of a resource in Change Working Time menu

Hello,

When I am entering individual resource's non-working time/holiday, a strange thing has occurred, where a single resource appears to have multiple calendars available to enter holiday dates into. This is within a master Project file, with a number of sub-projects linked into the one file. I have checked and all sub-projects are sharing resources with the main resource pool, and the shared pool is taking precedence over the individual plans.

The drop down menu looks a bit like this (names changed for obvious reasons):

Tim
Alan
Sarah
Connor
Test Rig 1
Machine 2
Howard
Anna
Emmet
Connor
Connor
Connor
Connor
Connor
Connor

The resource named Connor has 6 additional entries in this drop-down menu. I don't know why, but would like to remove them. In the resource sheet, there is only one entry for a resource named Connor.

With care selecting the right instance of the resource, this is not a serious issue. However it makes it possible for this person's holiday dates to be entered under one of the duplicate entries, which then won't be taken into account for when tasks can be allocated to this person.

How do I remove the duplicate entries for 'Connor'? I am using MS Project Professional 2016.

Thanks in advance.