View Single Post

Old 09-20-2021, 05:02 AM
Jazsriel Jazsriel is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

Jazsriel is on a distinguished road
Default Empty cell if previous cell is the last day of the month

Hello everyone, first time posting on this forum.

I cannot seem to find the answer to my particular problem, hence my post. So, I am making an excel spreadsheet for work. It has dates 1 to 31 and corresponding days to the dates. So for instance this month 9/1/21 should be a Wednesday. So I would have WE (day of the week) in one cell and 1 (day of the month) in the other cell. Now that being said when days end like this month at 30, I need the last cell to be blank, but if the month does have 31 days I need it to fill that day in accordingly. Same thing would be for February, if it is a leap year or simply a regular year with 28 days, I would need 29 (pending leap year), 30 and 31 to be empty. Also the monthly days 1-31 never change or are blank, they always show 1-31, the only ones I need to go blank if they are past the last day of the month are the weekdays Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su.

Anyway, the spreadsheet I have attached has 2 sheets. On the first called Control, you simply change the date in the appropriate block, which will always be the first of a month. Then, on sheet 2 you can see where the Month and Year at the top right of the page changed to whichever date you entered. Also you will not all the We, TH, Fr... have changed also. So, this is where the problem comes in, I need to for instance Sept to have the weekday be blanked out automatically (31st) based upon it not existing in September, however the 31 under it to still be there.

Anyway I know this is probably confusing even though in my mind it makes sense, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx PRS.xlsx (42.5 KB, 10 views)