View Single Post

Old 09-14-2021, 04:00 AM
mike_302 mike_302 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

mike_302 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
It sounds like you need a few content controls. If you use https://www.gmayor.com/insert_content_control_addin.htm to insert a rich text control and check the Map Control option, you can then copy that control and paste everywhere you need it to repeat. Whatever you type in one of them will be repeated automatically in the copies.
So I finally got into this. I added 2 Plain text content controls, mapped, and copy-pasted once.

I saved the file. Tried to reopen; it gets part way into loading the doc. I get the dialogue saying, "this document contains links that may refer to other files..." Whether I click Yes or No, the app blinks a few times, then just permanently seems to be loading.

I opened in Safe Mode, and it says "Errors were detected in this file, but Word was able to open the file making the repairs listed below..." It cites OLE Fields 1, and Styles 1.

If I get rid of the copy-pasted box, and restart not in safe mode, it will load.

I played around a bit further: I think it has to do with renaming the file after creating the content control. If I don't rename the file, it will still throw the first dialogue ("this document contains links...") but nothing else.

Any advice? Does this have to do with some implementation through your template?