View Single Post

Old 09-09-2021, 02:16 PM
SSBB SSBB is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Novice

SSBB is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, this is how it was set up long before I came here a year ago. And, I have not used Word Macro's before so what I know about them you can probably fit int a Monopoly thimble.

That said, they have not had any issues with the setup as it is and we do have backup copies of the normal template and all of the macros. Where is the best place to find out the most info in the shortest time on Word macros?

There are a lot of them out there and from what I am being told, no one has done anything (as far as updating them) in roughly 7-10 years. So you can guess what they want me to do now. I have managed to figure out much of the changes they want, but I am still quite confused on some things. One of those being exactly how do we share macros with multiple people across our network if we don't put everything out on the network? And, how does the normal template pull up the macros across several .dot files?

Ex. in the same location with the normal template, there are 5 other .dot files (ex. MacrosA-C.dot, MacrosD-H.dot, etc.)