View Single Post

Old 09-07-2021, 07:54 PM
Cendrinne Cendrinne is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Competent Performer

Cendrinne is on a distinguished road

Hello Andrew,
I'm wondering if my request is doable or not, bottom line, I need to compare two Tables or whole documents of Tables only but with different language format (ENGLISH vs FRENCH). All amounts should be alone in its cells. I'm trying to catch typo errors or amounts numbers that has NOT been updated/corrected.

I'm searching to compare the numbers only. Numbers are 95% of the time as of column 2.

This macro with the link I've provided in my initial request, uses two columns, and it highlights if the second columns have similar values to the first column on the same row, thus 222,512 (English) vs 222 512 (French), so the variables 222 & 512 were highlighted in the second column.

Maybe there's a better logical way to flag differences, that I don't know. Not sure how to go about doing this.

I can handle Find and Replace the punctuations (find all the following in a table: comas, non breaking space, period (for decimal) which could be flag with colors/highlights, I'm just new to understanding ''Duplicates'' or ''Differences'' with VBA.

Note, it will vary from table to table, so not always constant in each tables, and documents.

With my experience with VBA, I was thinking, I should trying to copy the English formatted numbers' columns unto a blank Word document, paste them on one side, and copy French formatted numbers on another side of a same table, while putting a column Gap to separate the two.

My thinking with my VBA programing experience, was to Flag/Highlight any variable on the same row (since I've copied English/French tables in the same table) that are either Similar, or is it better to flag if they are Different?
****However, as I'm thinking now, Maybe it would be better to Highlight cells Rows that are different. / to catch the errors.****

Is there a better way? Any insight would be appreciated.

Cendrinne
(I hope I wrote my question clearly?)