View Single Post

Old 09-07-2021, 02:10 PM
DBenz DBenz is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

DBenz is on a distinguished road
Default email opens with reply forward bar etc hidden

Hi,

I have Microsoft Outlook 2010 on a win7 64bit pro PC.

V 14.0.7268.5000 (32bit)
Suddenly a change happens,
Instead of opening an email and seeing the usual options along the top such as reply, forward etc, and under that the header with sender name, date and time etc, now I see an orange coloured tab called 'File', I see the sender and date of email as normal on the area below that and the email message itself.
To reply etc there are no controls anymore, I click on the black text tab ‘message’ to right of orange ‘File’ and now those tools appear, BUT unlike before it now appears with the tools panel sitting over the senders name, date, time etc. I can see the email below but the panel above with basic email data is covered up by the tools etc.

I don’t recall doing anything to cause this BUT I WANT IT BACK TO NORMAL.

What should I do, and nothing that risks losing all my email folders, and subject folders, in other words my email structure, I want ability to have everything working as usual. An option to reset the user interface would do, as opposed to a total reinstall and then find it cant find my pst files, account data and have to go through hell to try and get my email accounts back.

Of all the things on a PC, Msoft and email are the most volatile, .

(and no lectures on win10 please, I am aware, and trying to find time and money etc !)

DBenz