View Single Post

Old 08-19-2021, 01:31 AM
gmayor gmayor is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Expert

gmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud ofgmayor has much to be proud of

As I said, the difficulty is in establishing in the document what are the abbreviations, which, as far as VBA is concerned, are just random text strings. I can see no consistent way to isolate the abbreviations in the document. They are not even all surrounded by brackets which could have been helpful.

The macro checks each of your listed abbreviations in the table against the document and highlights them. This would then allow you to look through the document to establish which items are not highlighted and therefore missing from the table.

If you then add those items to the table and re-run the macro you will get all the abbreviations highlighted in the document.

Then it would be possible to interrogate the document for the highlighted items and highlight the items in the table that were found in the document. e.g.
Code:
Sub Macro2()
Const sAbbrDoc As String = "C:\Path\Abbreviations.docx"    'the path of the abbreviations table document
Dim oDoc As Document, oAbbr As Document
Dim oRng As Range
Dim i As Long
    Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = wdYellow
    Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
    Set oAbbr = Documents.Open(sAbbrDoc)
    Set oRng = oDoc.Range
    With oRng.Find
        .ClearFormatting
        .Replacement.ClearFormatting
        .Highlight = True
        .MatchWildcards = False
        Do While .Execute
            SrcAndRplInStory oAbbr.Tables(1).Range, oRng.Text, "^&", False, False, False
            oRng.Collapse 0
        Loop
    End With
lbl_Exit:
    Set oDoc = Nothing
    Set oAbbr = Nothing
    Set oRng = Nothing
    Exit Sub
End Sub