View Single Post

Old 04-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Andrew222 Andrew222 is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Andrew222 is on a distinguished road
Default Help - alternating headers, page numbers, starting on P.4...

Hello,

I've been having a brutal time trying to get my headers and page numbers set up. Please help, if you can.

Here's what I'm trying to to:
1) Left page header - Title
2) Right page header - Author name
3) Every page footer - page number

I can get the headers the way I want, by checking "Different Odd and Even Pages", however, when I try to put in page numbers, they only show up on even or odd pages, but not both.

Here is some more context, if it matters. Each chapter is a section (I've inserted section breaks (Page Break -> Even Page) so that the book will have new chapters starting on right pages only.

I unlinked the first and second sections (by clicking Link to Previous), so that I could have page numbers start in section two, because the first section is title, table of contents, etc. If I *only* try putting in page numbers, I can get them to work - starting with "1" in the second section.

But again, if I also try to add alternating headers, it all falls apart.

Please help! Is there any way to have these three things at once?

If there is no way to do this, I could also accept this option -- left header with title on the left and page number on the right, and right header with author ont he left and page number on the right. But I'd prefer the first version.

Any ideas? I've tried so many options so far... I could use a hand!

Thanks,
Andrew