View Single Post

Old 08-03-2021, 09:48 AM
gjergj_06 gjergj_06 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

gjergj_06 is on a distinguished road
Smile Force excel to add a new reference to the newly added rows without macro

Hello

I would need some help with an excel file I am working on.

The calculations in the file are quite straightforward but since I am going to use this file for almost everyday I will be adding new lines and deleting old ones but I would like to avoid manual work as much as possible.

I had two problems which one of them I solved after digging up in web.

My current problem is that I cannot find a way to make excel automatically add a row name (or reference) when I add a new row or in simpler words: ""Numbering of existing fields in the file and numbering of the newly added ones should be assigned automatically""" I already managed to find a solution for the excel to automatically sum a new row if we add one using the offset function.

Basically, I have a certain number of categories and each category has subcategories. Each subcategory has a specific reference for example: PW1. The subcategories for this would be: PW 1.1; PW 1.2 .... and so on.

Is there a way without using VBA to make excel add this reference in the moment that a new row is inserted?
For example, If I want to add A9 or A10 as new rows (in the file attached), is there any way to automatically make excel put like PW 1.2.4 ; 1.2.5 in column A (A9, A10)?

Thank you very much !!!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Template_Model.xlsx (10.7 KB, 8 views)