Old 08-03-2021, 04:10 AM
The9codgerDrove The9codgerDrove is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

The9codgerDrove is on a distinguished road

the issue continues, see below

phone - Samsung A71
TWO IDENTICAL ones.
wife's phone does this correctly
MY phone (NickPhone) USED to do this correctly, then suddenly last week does not work correctly.

items - Samsung MyFiles
Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft Office 365

Phone NickPhone
I have MyFiles on home screen. I can see my INTERNAL STORAGE, and I can see my OneDrive files (I let MyFiles set up a OneDrive link).
I open MyFiles. I go to the OneDrive link. I select a WORD or PDF document. I click on it. I select to OPEN it with OFFICE, JUST ONCE.
the file is attempted to be opened, but THEN get message, "OOPS, something went wrong, cannot open this file (DOCX, or PDF, whatever)
IF i click, in OneDrive link, a JPG file, and select GALLERY JUST ONCE to open an image, the IMAGE opens

(NOTE - my WIFE's phone, and NickPhone up until 1 week ago, DID OPEN and DISPLAY the PDF and DOCX files, but NickPhone now does not)

continuing
if I now go back to HomeScreen, slect the OneDrive icon, and go to the same folder, INSIDE the OneDrive app, and select those files, select to OPEN with OFFICE JUST ONCE, they will open.

if I go into OneDrive icon, and select to DOWNLOAD the file, and it downloads, and I then go to MyFiles, go to internal storage, go to DOWNLOAD, and select the file, it will open

I have sat both phones side by side, gone through permissions, etc. I have reinstalled OneDrive and Office. I have cleared cache. nothing has fixed it

ANY assistance appreciated.
thanks