View Single Post

Old 08-03-2021, 12:27 AM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

I fail to see how the index is going to be searchable or useful in any way. If you are putting the B column into the XE entry then your index will just be a series of numbers and the page they appear on. You will then need a separate section (or document) to align that information with the table you showed above.

I don't know that I can help you with this but if you produced a sample document (in English) with examples of what you want to see in your document then perhaps I can suggest a macro to deliver that.

Because I can't read Hebrew, I don't know whether your screenshots above are showing the sentence from the Torah or its location (ex. bereshit, chapter 03, sentence 03). I would have thought that your source 'concordance info' would need three columns: 1 = ID number; 2 = the Torah sentence that might appear in the document; 3 = the location of that sentence (in the Torah).

To me, endnotes is still the feature you would want to be using. There isn't a 'concordance method' built-in to Word to automatically tag this but a macro could do that for you if you had the required components.

Looking at it from the reader's point of view, I would want to see a shorthand source inline with the text - the ID numbers mean nothing without the concordance table that shows what it means. eg
... great line from the Torah(Bere, Ch3 S3) talks about blah...
That is instantly recognisable as a source and doesn't require the user to do an extra step of going to an index to get a reference before opening their Torah at the right location.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2021-08-03_17-11-56.png (54.8 KB, 13 views)