Thread: Headings
View Single Post

Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2000
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamag View Post
I figured out a 100% consistent tell when this will happen, if you highlight a word that you want to be a heading if there is an extra highlighted space on the right side of it it will have the function of a heading, if that space is missing when it is highlighted it will just have the style of a heading, not the function.
I am unable to replicate that behaviour using Word's built-in Heading Styles (which are paragraph Styles). I can imagine something like that happening if you're using a custom character Style and the "extra highlighted space on the right side" is, in fact, a paragraph mark, but not otherwise. You can toggle the paragraph mark display on/off by clicking on the ¶ symbol on the Ribbon's Home tab.