View Single Post

Old 06-11-2021, 06:07 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is unlikely to be related to the MS product, as such. You may have a faulty Office installation, in which case repairing or reinstalling it should resolve the issue. Alternatively, the problem may be related to a rogue third-party addin. Or there might be a configuration problem in how you have Outlook set up.

To test whether a rogue addin might be responsible, start Outlook in safe mode (i.e. hold down the Ctrl key while Outlook starts, or run Outlook.exe/safe from the Win-R pop-up). If that resolves the problem, start Outlook normally then disable all addins. Having done that, progressively re-enable them, doing whatever you were doing that triggered the problem until the problem re-emerges. Then delete the addin you just re-enabled and either uninstall or replace it.

I see you previously discussed this issue at:
Outlook keeps hanging up when "sychronizng trash" - Microsoft Community
where in your last post you said "I think everything is ok now".