View Single Post

Old 06-07-2021, 09:02 AM
twgonder twgonder is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

twgonder is on a distinguished road

The samples above were done for testing on what is a real-world Word task. As I mentioned, there is a large document going through revisions by different people. In addition, the original document is going through an evolution too, from text, to numbered list to Multilevel List.

Since I've had problems with moving paragraphs in the past, it was necessary to do some sample testing before mucking up the principal document. Later I'll delve into the intricacies of document revision by multiple people.

Anyways, when I did client support back in the days of mini-computers, I always appreciated it if the client could provide me with a simplified version of the problem for testing. For those that don't want to create their own sample, I provide two .docx files that you can play with. For my purposes I moved paragraphs around in the first file, and then tried copying from a different document (simulating the work done by another person, version A) into the master.

Have fun and remember to do a ctrl+a, F9 before checking the results.
To my knowledge, there shouldn't be any macros, virus or otherwise, in the files.
Attached Files
File Type: docx TestBulletsEndnotes.docx (18.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: docx TestBulletsEndnotesA.docx (17.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by twgonder; 06-07-2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: changed "master document" to "prinicpal document"