View Single Post

Old 05-13-2021, 10:46 AM
RRB RRB is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Susan Flamingo

RRB is on a distinguished road
Default Create an index to 2700 audio files

I need your input if I am going in the right direction.

With the gracious help of this forum, I was able to program a macro to play my media file from a certain point (using VLC Player) - Hurray!!!!

Now what I want to do is index **2700** audio files. (yes that is roughly the number) I hope I live long enough with the Allmighty's Grace!.

I have created a table 3 cells wide

So what I would like to do is to be able to choose from a predefined list of tags expressing subject matter. I want to be able to choose as many keywords as I desire but from a predefined list.

So I choose Tag1, tag2, Tag3, tag4, tag6 etc. I want to be able to search for these tags in the future.

so cell A is now populated with a group of Keywords

After choosing the group of keywords, I must designate the file that I am referring to. I want to set the file name in an adjacent cell (cell B) from a combobox which is populated with the a list of files in a certain directory and i will start entering the file name and it will auto-complete the string.

Then in the third cell (C) i will manually enter the time stamp where it should start playing from. By clicking on the time stamp it will get the file name from the previous cell (B) (from the text in the combobox) and combine it with the time stamp and open the audio file at the given time.

BOOM!

What I need help with:

1. is how to add as many tags as I desire from a *predefined list* in cell A?
2. How do I get the value of cell B (the file name in the combo box) (the time stamp I already know how to get it thanks to you guys help, if it is the text of a macro button, but not very elligant)

I think the rest I can figure out.

Your help to SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciated.

Susan