View Single Post

Old 05-04-2021, 10:34 AM
RMittelman RMittelman is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

RMittelman is on a distinguished road
Default Underlines Appear when Double-Clicking Template

So I have a Word template which includes a 2-row table where a signature should appear. On the top-left cell, there is a blank area to sign. In the bottom-left cell, it includes a Shift-Enter and a merge field where a signature title will appear.

If I open the template everything looks fine (I have show paragraph marks on).

If I instead double-click the template name in File Explorer to open a new document based on the template, I get a long series of underlines ("_" 's) where you would put a signature line, just before the Shift-Enter code. The underlines are a bit too long for the table column, so it wraps to the next line, which throws everything off.

This signature line used to appear by design, then I decided to take it out of the template, which I did. Can't figure out why it is missing from the template, but appears in the new document based on the template.

Any ideas? Thanks...

NOTE: Please ignore info next to my name above, I have Windows 10 and Office 2016. Just figured out how to change that, but it didn't refresh for this post. Can't figure out how to change "Novice" to a more experienced status.

Please see the attached snips of the template and new document.
Attached Images
File Type: png Template.png (4.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png Document.png (4.7 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by RMittelman; 05-04-2021 at 01:44 PM.