View Single Post

Old 05-02-2021, 03:58 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

You can save the CCs as either formatted autocorrects or as building blocks(eg. quick parts). The autocorrect option looks a little dodgy (flashing cursor for a second) so I would recommend the building block method.

Once each of the CCs are saved as building blocks, the on-the-fly method of inserting them is to type enough of the name that it is unique and press F3.

A completely robust implementation using this CC method will still include at least a couple of simple macros but I think the ease of use will be far better than the path you were previously using.

I used Greg Maxey's Content Control Tools to create the XML from the initial four CCs for the sake of the demo file I uploaded. Whilst you don't need that to carry forward on your exploration, the information on that page and the tool itself is very useful as you experiment with mapped CCs.