View Single Post

Old 04-30-2021, 12:45 AM
Thorin23 Thorin23 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Thorin23 is on a distinguished road
Default Assign different heading styles for different paragraphs

Good morning all,

I allow myself to ask your help for a problem which, despite my research on the internet, does not find answers.
I am introducing you my problem.

I export from Excel a succession of paragraphs to a single bookmark of an openned Word document. These different paragraphs are structured as follows (illustrative text):

A. Getting started
(1). Please turn on your PC
(2). Please wait for full boot
(a). Option 1: ...
(b). Option 2: ...
B. Parameterization
(1). etc ...
(2). etc ...
(3). etc ....

Then, I wanted to know if it was possible to assign to each paragraph (A. ...; (1). ...; (a). ...) a heading style that I had already configured in my Word document (heading style without numbering because they are already present during export).

I had started writing this piece of code:
Code:
Dim Paragraph As Word.Paragraph

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookmar, name:="Z1"
With Selection
     For each Paragraph in Selection.Paragraphs
        Paragraphe.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("ZStyle(1)")
     Next
End with
But this code will assign the same heading style to all paragraphs of my text. The problem is that I can't tell to Word (I mean in VBA)
- If the paragraph begins with "A." or "B." etc ...; assign it heading style 1
- If the paragraph begins with "(1)." or "(2)." etc ...; assign it heading style 2
- If the paragraph begins with "(a)." or "(b)." etc ...; assign it heading style 3

In addition, there are may be empty lines between two paragraphs (I mean end of paragraph marks) which of course I do not want to assign a heading style.

I hope I managed to be understandable. Do not hesitate to tell me if more precision is needed.

I thank in advance all people who can help me.

Have a good day