View Single Post

Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 PM
TheTravis12 TheTravis12 is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

TheTravis12 is on a distinguished road
Default Define New Bullet Style and Multilevel List Without Overwriting Existing Bullet Styles

I would like to define some custom bullets.
I would like to modify the paragraph styles for List Bullet 1 - 5 to use my custom bullet by default.
I would like to define a list style that uses my custom bullets, indentation, etc., and assigns the appropriate paragraph style to each level of the list. This seems to be possible only through the creation of a multi-level list.
Whenever I define a new custom bullet, it seems that an existing bullet is overwritten, but its name is unchanged. Therefore, when I try to create a new multi-level list and populate the "Number style for this list level" with the bullet I've created, invariably I seem to get situations where the bullet I've defined, (which, for example, might be an open blue circle), has been assigned a name I can't seem to control, like: "Bullet, Arrow". I can build the list this way but it's very strange. Is it possible to re-name these bullets or to control what symbol appears next to what name? SEe attached screenshot for an example of the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Multi-Level Bulleted List.JPG (58.7 KB, 10 views)