View Single Post

Old 04-18-2021, 04:44 PM
Guessed Guessed is online now Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cendrinne View Post
First paragraph above, I always thought wdFind Stop was to have it START as of the cursor till the end of the document or range. Or else it will start again from the beginning of the document or range. Is that thinking wrong?
FindStop does indeed stop at the end of the document. However, if the previous find has moved the range to somewhere down the document, lets assume the middle, then the NEXT find will start from there and only search to the end (hence not checking above the current range position). If any find gets a hit at the end of the file then every subsequent find will have nowhere to search.

Your choices are to reset the range before each find or simply get it to continue so that every search wraps back to the top and is performed on the entire document.

EDITED: Paul is correct, I got this wrong - ignore what I said above. In testing I couldn't reproduce what I was saying so either I've always been wrong or perhaps I've seen this long ago in earlier versions of Word or maybe I was working with the Selection object and single replaces.