View Single Post

Old 04-13-2021, 07:27 AM
MadEst8 MadEst8 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Novice

MadEst8 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Saved Edited Macros Not Updating

Hello, I have only ever looked at macros and never used them. (That translates to please go easy on me!) However, I have been asked to update several macros. It is simply a matter of changing the signature line, but it seems I am not changing it in the right place(s). These macros are stored on our network and when I go into my Word options I see that the startup folder and user templates are set to my "K" drive. I have gone out there and found all of the .dot files, opened them, updated the signature line with the correct name, and saved them. However, when I open word, go to View -> Macros and select one of the Macros I know I changed, when I get to the signature line, it still shows the wrong name.

The code with the signature lines is:
Code:
    Selection.TypeText Text:="Sincerely,"
    Selection.TypeParagraph
    Selection.TypeParagraph
    Selection.TypeParagraph
    Selection.TypeText Text:="Someone"
    Selection.TypeParagraph
    Selection.TypeText Text:="Customer Service Manager"
    Selection.TypeParagraph
Because we have these same macros in several locations on the network, I have done these same steps to all of the macros I can find that have the old name in them, yet, when I try to run the macros, it still shows the wrong name. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks!

Last edited by macropod; 04-13-2021 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Inserted macro code into body of post