View Single Post

Old 04-08-2021, 04:16 AM
Mechaman Mechaman is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

Mechaman is on a distinguished road
Default Keep formulae pointed to same cell

Problem: When dragging data around, with either shift drag or control drag, the formula's pointing to those dragged cells change as well. But I want them to point to a fixed cell, no matter if I move what it contains to an other cell.

This problem is both in exel 2013 and 2019.

Example:

Start data and formula's:

The same effect applies with dollar signs in front of the cell info (colom and row)

The innitial output:

The unwanted magic happens when shift dragging B3 down to B4 and and C3 down to C4. The result of that action is:

and the formulas are changed by that action, though I dont want this, to:

A3 is now referring to data in the 4th row, A4 is now referring to data in the 3rd row.

How to keep the formula colum unchanged, as it was in the first or second image?

I have searched around, but could not yet find an answer. I have also tried data protection, but that is also not the solution since OR nothing can be done with a data cell (which is not usefull), OR the problem still exists: dragging my data cells lead to the automatic change of my calculating cells (Colom A)

Who can help me out? How can I keep my formula's unchanged while still being able to change the data around?