View Single Post

Old 03-27-2021, 10:19 AM
Rayroshi Rayroshi is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2003
Novice

Rayroshi is on a distinguished road
Default Can't Move Graphics Objects In Word 2007

I am trying to help my grandson with learning inequalities in his algebra class, so I need to be able to draw number lines, using Word 2007. In doing so, I need to:

1. First make the number line (first object made)
2. Then place a darkened line on top of the number line that I just made. (second object made)
3. Next, I need to place either an open (unfilled) circle on one end of the line, and/or a filled-in circle on the other end of the line. (fourth and fifth objects made)

That's the overall process.

The problem I'm having is that I am not able to nudge each of these items in relation to each other, so they coincide. When I use the method of nudging given by most users, (first highlighting the object to be moved, then using the arrow keys) all I see is a bunch of empty 'boxes' that jump around on the screen each time I click on an arrow key. The object I am trying to move doesn't move at all.

I have a suspicion that maybe I have not set the text alignment format settings correctly, but that may be wrong; i.e., whether or not the text should be set 'in line,' 'wrapped around,' etc. I don't really know which of these should be selected.

The overall method I am using to make the number line and the other objects can be seen here: Video 2: Numbers line in Microsoft Word - YouTube

Any help would be much appreciated.