Thread: [Solved] macro problems
View Single Post

Old 03-24-2021, 04:41 PM
LittleScribbler LittleScribbler is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

LittleScribbler is on a distinguished road

Hi
Thank you Graham for the suggestion. Here is the macro I adapted from one off the internet. It still doesn't work. The only changes I made was the name of the macro and the words I added. I do hope you, or one of the group can tell me where I've gone wrong. I want to run this macro in word documents.
LittleScribbler
Code:
Sub FillerWords()
' Highlights filler words
'
'
Dim range As range
Dim i As Long
Dim TargetList
TargetList = Array("admit", "all off", "as being", "as to whether", "as yet", "care about", "go on", "grateful every day", "if you need to", "if you want", "if you wish", "if you would like to", "I might add", "in terms of", "in my opinion", "in spite of that fact that", "in the event of", "in the event that", "in the process of", “it seems like”, “made it to”, “pick out”, “pick up on”, “play up”, “point out”, “put off”, “put together”, “really”, “spend”, “take action to”, “takes up”, “taking up”, “talk about”, “the most important thing is to”, “the reason”, “time and again”, “took up”, “try to figure out”, “went back over”, “when it comes to”, “which is”, “who is”, “will be different”, “you can”, “you’re going to”, “you’re going to have”, “you’re going to need to”, “in general”, “mostly”, “sort of”, “virtually”, “often”, “I think”, “absolutely”, “definitely”, “very”, “totally”, “literally”, “just”, “ironically”, “truly”, “actually”, “basically”, “to know”, “I see”, “I feel”, “I hear”, “I can feel”, “almost”, “all of”, “factor”, “for all intents and purposes”, “for the most part”, “for the purpose of”, “harder than it has to be”, “individual”, “initial”, “on a regular basis”, “the first step is to”, “time and time again”, “with reference to”)
For i = 0 To UBound(TargetList)
  Set range = ActiveDocument.range
    With range.Find
      .Text = TargetList(i)
      .Format = True
      .MatchCase = False
      .MatchWholeWord = True
      .MatchWildcards = False
      .MatchSoundsLike = False
      .MatchAllWordForms = False
      Do While .Execute(Forward:=True) = True
        range.HighlightColorIndex = wdPink
      Loop
    End With
  Next
End Sub

Last edited by macropod; 03-24-2021 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added code tags & formatting