View Single Post

Old 03-02-2021, 01:45 AM
David Boyd David Boyd is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

David Boyd is on a distinguished road
Default Many things tried, nothing works

Yes, I have done a repair, but not a removal and re-install of Office. This is a new computer, so Office has only been on the computer for 2 weeks. I never downloaded or installed the trial version of Office 365 (it was not pre-installed).
I am using the 64 bits version of Office 2016.
I turned off Norton 360 for 15 minutes... same result.
I tried running Word in Safe mode (to avoid Normal.dotm and add-in problems). Same result.
I can share a document as Email / Attachment; it opens up an Outlook like window (as per usual), with a new email and the file attached. If I send it to myself, I receive it a few minutes later (in Outlook).

All indications are that Outlook is set up as the standard email client.

It works just fine to complete Mailmerge to Email as text or HTML, I only get this error when I chose "as attachement".

I have read several posts on MSAnswers and this one here, and even though there are a lot of suggestions (most of which I have tried), nobody seems to have found the answer. At least no single post is marked as The ANSWER. The answer you supplied at the end of this string, is also not marked or responded to as "The ANSWER" so I can't be sure it worked for the OP or not. However, it obviously doesn't work for me, since I cannot do anything with the two files in question. If that suggestion is indeed The ANSWER, then I obviously need help in how to manipulate the file name on the first file and then run the second, because neither of those actions are allowed on my system.

I had this problem several years ago, and posted this same question on MSAnswers NL, got a lot of suggestion, but none of them apparently answered my problem. I must have solved it back then, but never shared how on MS Answers. I know I eventually was able to do this Mailmerge to Email for at least two years until I switched to Office 2019. Used that for a year and am now back to Office 2016 and it won't work (again).

Since I have downloaded Office 2016 installation files for both the 64 and 32 bits versions on my HDD, I am wondereing whether I eventually installed the 32 bits version, and that solved it? Who remembers that kinda stuff that long ago? That seems dumb, but then we are dealing with MicroSoft, so anything is possible.

David