View Single Post

Old 02-25-2021, 12:20 PM
MCA MCA is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

MCA is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Form to populate text in a word document

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a form in Excel that could be used to populate a Word document and/or add sections to a Word document text that can be populated by data entered into the form.

I have scientific technical specification documents that have multiple sections and not necessarily all of them are used for a technical document (i.e., sections can very). I would like to be able to "toggle on" sections that I'd like to show in the document and also be able to populate the document with depths, diameters, weights, rates, etc.

For example, the form would have Sections 1 through 10, but all I need this time are Section 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 9. Those text sections toggled on in the form and would then be populated within the Word document.

Within those text sections, there will be depths, diameters, weights, etc. that can also be filled out in the form and need to be populated with the selected sections in the text of a section or multiple sections.

I'm thinking of being able to create these text documents on the fly or change them on the fly based on what is either selected (toggled on) or data is entered.

Is this something that can be done? If so how?