View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 04:00 AM
SMehta SMehta is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

SMehta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ComboBoxes are typically used by the user clicking in them, not by typing text in a random order and seeing the list reset its contents then using enter or arrow keys to type more numbers.
Ok,
As i have to Search Para No(s) only. After much exploaration, The Excel link as #1 had this result somehow managed to implement.
I Thought ComboBox = TextBox + DropDown List OR Listbox so by typing something in ComboBox its related values or the defined values will display.
As ComboBox is used to store and display list of items to a list.

So What i thought of : By retrieving a Para No(s). I would like to see the Text of that Para No(s) of the document in Textbox.

Quote:
Can you explain the behaviour you want?
What i Expect from Combbobox if i Type a complete Para.No like 2 it should get hi-lited and load the details of Para (2) in textbox
if Para no 2. Is not there. Then MSBOX TO APPEAR PARA NO 2 Does not Exists ?

But then the list resets its contents and other related nos are seen as per Excel Coding

So When i typed 2 the list displayed as 21, 121, 210 etc but skyblue colour was focussed on 1 of 21 and not fully focussed on 21. This inidcated that Para No. 2 is not there in the List.
As list reset it contents then 21, 121 210 etc were seen in the Combobox.

To see one of the effect
i took cursor to extreme left of 21 and i typed 1 to 21 which became 121. This got automatically hilited and details of Para 121 were seen in textbox.

Also by CLICKING (Mouse Arrow / KeyPad Arrow) on the other related Displayed list Para number. The details of Para got uploaded in textbox.

I've explained my expected behaviour against the Strange Default Behaviour of MS-Word Userform Combobox.

Quote:
Why have you varied so much of the code in your implementation?
Really Got confused. Sorry My mistake. Then I rectified as per excel coding. Also learnt about .ListIndex after your comment in #2

My Sincere request to you and other senior Forum Team members of this forum to kindly bear with me. As this is something new for me. Will take sometime to digest and implement.

SMehta
Thread 3: No: 46521 : Post No5 : TM 21