View Single Post

Old 02-01-2021, 06:55 AM
SMehta SMehta is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

SMehta is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for your reply Dear Andrew Sir

Quote:
'Lines' is not something you should be looking at - the terminology which makes sense is 'paragraphs'. The number of lines depends on a range of variables such as the window size or font size/paper size. The number of paragraphs is fixed.
Oh Ok. Kindly excuse me i was under the impression that lines would make a paragraph.
I am so sorry. Please bear with me as this is my First Thread.

Quote:
It is not clear what you are looking for. What is it that the code has to do?
Now i am quite clear what i am looking for.
Basically with Sir Paul's code will it be possible to come out with List of Empty Paragraph position in the document . In this case the code was executed to see the (pasted or copied) paragraph was the 1st paragraph of the file Sample.txt
if not mistaken ie it showed the paragraph with text after the 1st Empty Paragraph position and before the 2nd Empty Paragraph position.

Then in this case my question would be "Can i have the List of No(s) of Each position of Empty Paragraphs ? ". If Yes then how do i get list of each position of Empty Paragraph in the document.
As I see the SPACING too plays an important role representing a gap as empty paragraph which is not an Empty Paragraph as per "MS-Word" terminology. Also here the link which indicates the same
Microsoft Word Help, Tips and Tutorials @ The Anchorage

I will be glad if the above is resolved. As this will be one part. And after understanding
the above then i shall be intrested in getting the below solved
Quote:
As per Post #12 of Sir Paul
For your Sample2.txt file, what are the rules for which blocks from get copied and what are the rules for where those blocks get inserted into your Sample.txt file?
Quote:
If you want to remove the blank 'paragraphs' then you don't need to know what their numbers are, you just need to remove them. The code Paul supplied previously will do that.
Sir i would not have logged in as a member and niether posted a thread to remove the blank paragrpahs. As there are few forums where it has been resolved as per the Threader's requirement

SMehta
Thread 1: No: 46342 : Post No20 : TM 12