View Single Post

Old 01-28-2021, 07:10 AM
Cosmo Cosmo is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Competent Performer

Cosmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
I should also point out that, given the range of configuration options Word users have, there can never be any guarantee your logo will either appear on screen, whichever approach you take. For example, a user might go to File|Options|Advanced>Show document content and uncheck the 'show drawings and textboxes on screen' option, which would defeat whatever approach you take.

At some stage, the end-user has to take some responsibility for they way they handle your document. All you can do is advise them on how Word should be configured to behave 'normally'.
I understand all of this, but there are some reasonable assumptions we can accept. Most people won't be changing their configurations on these. I"m not completely familiar with all of the legal considerations, but we need to make it as compatible as possible under standard installations. Sometimes the issues come up before we submit to their approval system (documents are uploaded into their system, there is no way to communicate any compatibility issues) and I know that many of our account people would not accept sending something that didn't work on their own system. I also work on interactive PDF documents and forms, and there are so many limitations that I have to deal with the many applications that the end user can view them in.