View Single Post

Old 01-15-2021, 01:52 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydog View Post
The reason I want to do this is because the blank pages reflect the exact layout of PDF documents (sequence, orientation, page size) that I have (I don't have the source for these original PDF).
Or maybe a simple macro would do it?
There are two fundamental problems with trying to generate an exact replica of the PDF content in Word:
1. One would need to know the exact line-spacing used for all the lines in the PDF, not just the 'blank' ones; and
2. Word optimises the page layout for the currently-active printer, which can result in pagination changes just by changing printer drivers. In other words, some content, including numbers for 'blank' lines could end up on different pages.

A macro could be written, but it wouldn't be simple.