Old 01-12-2021, 06:03 AM
judithvg judithvg is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Competent Performer

judithvg is on a distinguished road
Default How to switch between templates for all slides together

Hi everyone,

What I have
- A PPT file with two master templates.
- Both masters contain exactly the same layouts - see picture 01.
- The only differences between the two masters are the colour scheme and the logotype.

What I want to do
For the slides that I already made, I want to be able to switch between the two masters, depending on the audience.

How I do this now
I select a slide, go to Home > Layout and choose the according slide layout from the other master – works like a charm.

So?
This works for now, but as the number of slides grows it gets a bit ridiculous having to do this every time slide by slide.

Use the theme!
When I select all my slides together and go to Design > Theme, I see my two masters represented as themes on top - see picture 02.
So I can switch from master 1 to master 2.

But: as soon as I do that, I can not switch back:
- Master 2 is still in the themes, but master 1 has disappeared (also in the extended view with all themes visible) - see picture 03.
- Moreover, master 1 is no longer in the Slide Master View. There is only master 2 left, in a strange messed-up version - see picture 4.

I also tried to save the themes and apply the theme files, but the result was a messed-up template with the two logotypes on top of each other.

Also
Since I have to send out this presentation to different users, most of which are not used to work in PPT, I prefer not to work with external files like saved themes and saved templates that need to be sent along and installed.

Help!
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks!
Judith.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg themeThread_01.JPG (26.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg themeThread_02.JPG (41.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg themeThread_03.JPG (39.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg themeThread_04.JPG (22.3 KB, 8 views)