View Single Post

Old 01-05-2021, 01:36 PM
mtandino mtandino is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

mtandino is on a distinguished road
Default Can images be inserted using mail merge with a unique identifier?

So I have a list of about 55 employees. The employees are judged in 3 areas, Office, Floor, Sales. Each area has a designation of either Raise, Stipend, Bonus, or Nothing. All the employees are listed in one document as well.

The pictures are saved as O-Raise, O-Stipend, O-Bonus, and O- Nothing for Office, F-Raise, F-Stipend, F-Bonus, F-Nothing for Floor, S-Raise, S-Stipend, S-Bonus, S-Nothing for Sales. They are saved in a local folder on the computer. If that code is found within the report, I would want to replace the text with the matching image.

The report would be listed something like this:

John Doe - Office
[REPORT O-Bonus]

John Doe - Floor
[REPORT F-Nothing]

John Doe - Sales
[REPORT S-Nothing]

Jane Doe - Office
[REPORT O-Raise]

Jane Doe - Floor
[REPORT F-Nothing]

Jane Doe - Sales
[Report S-Stipend]

Report is the several page long report regarding the employee in that specific field. The image title represents what image needs to be inserted in that report. So in the example above, the same image would be inserted into John and Jane's reports for Floor because they have the same image code. There are of course 53 other employees who need images inserted as well.

Can image insertion be done via mail merge utilizing criteria such as this or should I look to use another method to insert images tied to specific text?