View Single Post

Old 12-12-2020, 01:25 PM
katword01 katword01 is offline Mac OS X Office 2019
Novice

katword01 is on a distinguished road
Default Labels-number sequence not advancing to next pg

I have a table with merged data from an excel file. The table is set up to print onto address labels for asset stickers. Each label includes 3 table cells...2 columns x 2 rows with the top row merged for the "Property of" title. When previewing, the first page everything is great (except I would prefer the number sequence to go down the labels on the left and over to the labels on the right, but I'm satisfied the way it is).

The problem is when it carries to page 2, because the sequence is all off, with repeating numbers from the previous page. I will attach several of the previews as a reference.

I've never had this problem with mail merging before, except this project is different in that: 1) I needed to use multiple cells to offset the data from the item number - inserting a text box to do this didn't work, 2) I had to set the table up without using Word's traditional mail merge process, and 3) I am using a barcode font. The table formatting prints great on the labels, other than the number sequence issue.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I need to get this process down, because this is what we have to use for inventory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Labels-Excel.jpg (128.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg PreviewPg1-2.jpg (264.2 KB, 7 views)