View Single Post

Old 12-09-2020, 12:24 AM
bakerbob bakerbob is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

bakerbob is on a distinguished road
Default Office 2019 activation

I bought a refurbished computer running Win 10 Home. I bought an Office key on eBay. I downloaded Office & installed it. Office runs fine. When I try to register Office on-line with the Activation Wizard the Wizard won't connect to the internet I get a dummy box that states... "we're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this right now, please try again later (oxC004C060)." So I try and register it with a phone call and it tells me that the Instillation ID is "Our records do not recognize this as a valid product.... return to your reseller for a new product."

After reading this you may think that the key I bought wasn't any good, but I can't even get to the point to where I enter the key. Something is wrong before I enter the key. I suspect there is something wrong with my Windows installation or maybe Office has already been installed on this computer and parts of it are still here causing my problem. But I am just guessing. I have gone into apps and have deleted everything that looks like it might be part of Office & then reinstalled. After all that I still get the same Instillation ID and the same message telling me I don't have a valid product.