View Single Post

Old 11-26-2020, 04:09 PM
CJ-27 CJ-27 is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

CJ-27 is on a distinguished road
Default Alternate Resource on Two Overlapping Task

This is for MS Project 2019.

Hello,

I have a dilemma for a practice question where I need to use levelling to alternate two resources working on the same two overlapping tasks that are fixed work. For example, the two tasks are Task A and Task B with Resource 1 and Resource 2 assigned to both tasks. Task A and B both start and finish in the same time frame.

I need Resource 1 to work 100% of the time on Task A on Day 1 while Resource 2 shows working 0 hours on Task A on Day 1 in the Resouce Usage. Resource 2 will work 100% of the time on Day 1 on Task B while Resource 1 will show working 0 hours on Task B on Day 1 in the Resource Usage.

This alternates on Day 2 where Resource 1 now works on Task B 100% of the time but Resource 2 shows working 0 hours on Task B on Day 2 in the Resource Usage. Resource 2 will work on Task A for 100% of the time while Resource 1 will show working 0 hours on Day 2 on Task A in the Resource Usage.

Again, I must create the condition where when I press the levelling on the two selected tasks, it will come out having the two resources alternating between the two tasks.

This is a tricky question. I am wondering if anyone has done this before and can offer some help.

Thanks for reading and especially appreciate any insight into this.